Tuesday, October 4, 2011

experiment

Iv'e always been very shy but one thing I've learned when it comes to surviving a stroke is to not be afraid to be part of something new. as much as you want to believe that somebody has a cure for paralysis it isn't going to happen. I have used many gadgets in an attempt to speed up my recovery after Scott and white told me I didn't need to go to occupational therapy anymore I felt very discouraged but I came to the realization that an occupational therapists job isn't to get you a 100% recovery its to teach you to be independent of others so that you can conform in society. I did a lot of research about strokes and came across many of the gadgets that I use now and I've even had botox shots in my hand more than once. Everything I've used has helped me in a way but its a start, the only things you need to get better are yourself and determination

No comments:

Post a Comment